The best way to safeguard your mouth to ensure it is well protected from the dangers of cavities is to eat healthy diets. If you eat better, your chances of ever developing cavities will drop enormously. In addition, a healthy habit will enhance your overall health, not just your oral health.
The best smiles are possible with a healthy diet and cavity prevention. Facts about cavity prevention include:
– Stick to scheduling at least 2 professional cleanings with your dentist every year.
– Stay away from sugary foods and drinks that can be converted into harmful acids that cause dental erosion.
– Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice every day.
– Use oral health care tools that have been recommended or approved by your dentist, or those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Remove foods from your life that can crack your teeth, such as hard candies, or products that stick around your mouth for too long, such as sticky and gummy sweets.
– Try to floss between your teeth to remove any plaque buildup or food residue that brushing alone cannot reach.
If you are showing signs of cavities, come visit Olympia Dental Group for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Thinh Ho and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Lacey, Washington, we can repair your smile. To schedule an appointment, call us at 360-943-4777. We would be glad to take care of any oral health care needs you may have.