How was your oral hygiene last year? Did you make a resolution at the start of the year pledging that you will do your best to improve your oral health care all season long? As long as you continue to implement your daily oral health care habits such as brushing and flossing, and if you continue to minimize the risk for oral accidents, your chance of oral health care success this year will improve dramatically.
A great smile is a healthy smile. Practice these effective oral hygiene tips to protect yourself from tooth decay and gum disease:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Olympia Dental Group at our office in Lacey, Washington.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Thinh Ho, please call our office at 360-943-4777. We make smiles brighter!