To avoid tooth decay and potential tooth loss, it is important to keep up a year-round hygiene plan that doesn’t take time off, even during the busy holiday season. If you begin to slack on your oral health care this time of year, no matter how impressive your care has been thus far, the gains you made with your smile can be set back. It’s always important to stay at the top of your game with your oral health. Below are 7 questions to ask yourself about your holiday health care habits:
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you been using brushing and flossing tools with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
- Have you been eating healthier, and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Olympia Dental Group for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
Enjoy your holidays with a smile; come see our Olympia Dental Group team and schedule an appointment with Dr. Thinh Ho for all your dental health care needs. We can be reached at 360-943-4777 in Lacey, Washington. The wait is over, come get your confident, healthy smile today!